03 May 2013

Hello Italy, France, and Germany!

My bags are packed, I'm ready to go!


In a few short hours I'll be on a flight to Europe and I cannot wait! I'm going to visit my friend Darcy in Rome for a few days, and then we will spend a couple days in Paris (again? again!), and a couple days in Cologne. I'm especially thrilled to go to Cologne for several reasons - I've never been to Germany, I'm so excited to visit my friend Melanie in her hometown, and I might also have tickets to see Bill Kaulitz at the taping of the DSDS finale. Might.

Some things on my itinerary:

Rome: The Vatican (!!!), Via Appia Antica and Catacombs, the Trevi Fountain, eat pizza, pasta, and gelato.

Paris: Versailles (again!), Pierre Hermé and/or Ladurée, Le Bon Marché, Colette, Mariage Frères and/or Kusmi Tea, Palais de Tokyo, Café de Flore, Saint Denis Basilica, Palais Royal, take a macaron or croissant cooking class(?), raid a French pharmacie for Nuxe/Caudalie/Bioderma.

Cologne: Kölner Dom, Kölsch with Melanie, try currywurst, raid a German pharmacie for Nivea, see Bill/DSDS.

I have a bunch of recommendations for all 3 places, but I'm always open to more! Last time I was in Paris, I visited the Eiffel Tower, the Catacombs, Père Lachaise cemetary, the Louvre, Tuileries/Champs-Élysées, a Seine cruise, and visited Versailles, so I probably won't repeat any of those things (with the exception of Versailles).

So excited!!!!

No comments:

Post a Comment