28 December 2012

Post-BBB

The Bazaar Bizarre Boston has finally come and gone which means - I can sleep again! I can sit for five minutes without thinking to myself "there really is something I should be doing instead of sitting here for five minutes"! I can remember to eat meals and drink water! It's a beautiful thing.

But seriously, I'm both sad and relieved that it's over. I always spend the week after the BBB with that "I feel like I've forgotten something important..." sensation. Also, every year I feel like I can't participate in the Christmas season until after the fair is over because there's just no time. The tree gets decorated in haste one weeknight and all my gifts are purchased in the week before the 25th.

It sounds like i'm complaining, but I'm really not. I love the craziness of the BBB and to be honest, I like the challenge of finding a balance. I'd be so bored otherwise!

The actual fair went really well. I did a general wrap-up over here on the BBB blog, but on a personal level, I had a pretty good day. I did better this year than last on several levels and I definitely had some really amazing customers. I love the people who see something of mine and their eyes light up and you can tell that they instantly connect with your work and that they "get" what you're trying to do. I think I've talked about this before, but you know what I mean? It's such a great feeling and what keeps me coming back for more.

source
I'm already looking forward to next year! :)

No comments:

Post a Comment