01 August 2013

Bye bye, BBB


I'm still a little bit too lumpy-throated to properly express how I feel about the end of the Bazaar Bizarre Boston, but Sarah did a really good job saying all of the things that I'm feeling right now.


I can easily say that that highly anticipated day in 2005 when Sarah, Megan, and I got the acceptance email saying that we'd gotten into the Bazaar Bizarre Boston was one of the greatest and most exiting days of my life. At the time, I couldn't possibly have known what the BBB would come to mean to me in the wake of that acceptance, but something inside me definitely felt that it was a turning point in my creative life. My 8 years of involvement can attest to that fact.


The BBB has meant more to me than I can explain right now without getting teary. I'm just so happy that I was able to be a part of it to the extent I was.

It's going to be a little bit strange this December when I won't be frantically running around trying to do eight thousand things at once. I have a feeling that month will feel quiet and empty and I'm not really sure I'm looking forward to it, to be honest.


But sometimes tough decisions have to be made. As sad as I feel right now, I am looking forward to participating in new projects with The Small Craft Advisory. I'm sure something awesome will be born out of the BBB ashes.

Onward and upward.

No comments:

Post a Comment