26 September 2012

paris fashion week!

i'm so thankful for paris fashion week!

i haven't gone through all of my s/s 2013 rtw int'l fashion week favorites yet, but so far nyc, london, and milan haven't really done anything for me. i liked acne, rad by rad hourani, helmut lang, gucci was okay, and cavalli...? i definitely wasn't crazy about prada, dolce & gabbana, or dsquared2. and don't get me wrong, i can appreciate kooky and unwearable and showiness for showiness' sake, but so far a lot of this stuff has just been kind of just blah for me. (which, i realize, is 100% irrelevant, since the chances of me wearing any of this are slim at best. but still. i like to look!).

but it's paris fashion week! i always get SO EXCITED for my favorites - gareth pugh, rick owens, ann demeulemeester, haider ackermann, aka the usual suspects. and of course i always look forward to dior, chanel, isabel marant, issey miyake, lanvin, balmain, givenchy, mmm, viktor & rolf, balenciagaaaaaa ETC ETC ETC.

thank goodness for paris.

gareth pugh showed today, and while i wasn't blown away like i have been in the past (notably s/s 2011, s/s 2012, f/w 2010, okay actually everything, so nevermind) i still thought this collection was very beautiful and both what we can expect of pugh as well as unexpected.

sign me up.


 i love the slicey thing he sometimes does with his materials

his stuff is just so visually interesting with all its shapes and angles (and of course the often dark, creepy, futuristic, aspects tooooooootally appeal to me) and i usually just find myself looking at his work thinking "how did he even do that?" and then, naturally, "omg i wish i could wear that."

photos via nowfashion.com and style.com.

No comments:

Post a Comment